Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Another Resolution Forgotten

Okay, so last year (2010) I was resolved to start a blog. I did and it lasted for one month. There are absolutely no postings past January. So, I can say that I am part of the statistic that fails at their New Year's resolution within the first 6 weeks. So sad!!

Anyways, it is now nearly 18 months later, and I am encouraged to try again. Many things have changed. Perhaps the biggest change is that I have another baby, Evan, who is now 6 months old. I wish that I would have been blogging these past 18 months to remember and save all the memories and special things Cailyn has done, and to remember what I was thinking during the early months with Evan. Alas, that is not the case and I'm starting from this point.

Today is Tuesday, May 17, 2011. I have been with my husband, Caleb, for 9 years and have been married almost 5 of those years. We have a 28-month-old, Cailyn Joy, and we have a 6-month-old, Evan Thomas. We did finally move to our house on Oil Hill, and it is wonderful. We love our home and plan to be here for several more years. And perhaps the greatest thing that has happened in the past year (other than having another baby!) is that I am no longer a working mom, but a stay-at-home mommy! The desire to stay at home was one that I wasn't sure would ever be fulfilled, but God is good and faithful! He put that desire in my heart, and He was the one to bring it into fruition. Thank you, Jesus!

So, here is to another forgotten resolution...maybe starting it in May, instead of January 1st will make it more successful! Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting to stay at home! It's full of sacrifices and frustrations, but it's the best! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristy! This is Leah in NC:)I saw the link to your blog off Jessie's blog, and I am happy to have another blog to read that is written by someone I actually know :)

    ReplyDelete