Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Idiocracy and Nesting...2 things with little in common

So, I'm starting to wonder if anyone reads this...I suppose I shouldn't be too concerned. I did choose to write this as one of my New Year's resolutions, and so far it is the only resolution I have stuck to. So, I guess I will consider this a partial success for 2010's resolutions!

Here are some of my musings/happenings from today:

At lunch today, my co-workers and I decided to discuss the movie Idiocracy. It was surprising that so many of us had seen this movie. What we came to realize was that this generation of students will be running the world soon, and our students are much like the imbeciles that are running America in the movie. One of the funnier comments from the movie (which I'm repeating for humor, and not to offend) is when the main character Luke Wilson is talking to some of the inhabitants of Earth and they refer to his understandable vernacular as "fag talk". The people that live on Earth in the movie talk in slang and are very stupid. And if you know some of our students, you might understand our worries and fears if these students should ever run America.

Today when I got home to Isaac and Alana's, I just felt tension everywhere. I was irritated, for no good reason, and Caleb was irritated too. Alana was tired because she couldn't sleep last night and she is in nesting mode. I don't know that I remember nesting, but if I did, I can assure you it is much easier to do without 3 other people and an extra dog in the house. Needless to say it is very difficult for her to nest.

We did find out today that we have a closing date of Jan. 29. So, it looks like we may be moving after all. We have decided to move back into our old house, and we are going to move our stuff out the day we close. I've convinced Caleb to set up our bedroom in the living room, because we don't have any furniture. I'm thinking we might look like hillbillies, but it's only for a week.

Anyways, it has been a long day, and I am longing for peace. I have just felt unsettled for too long, and I'm surprised by how accustomed I am to space and alone time. It will all be here before I know it, and I know I just have to be patient for it!

1 comment: