Friday, January 8, 2010

The Testing of My Faith

Buying a house is not an easy process!  We found out this week that we have to lower our price on the house we are selling, and that it could be February 6 before we close.  Every week we have found out something new and frustrating about this process.  At the beginning, it was simple things like we are going to close this week, or maybe it will be next week.  And this week we found out it could be another month and we are losing money.  

Throughout all of this, I've been reminded of God's goodness and faithfulness.  My "problems" with buying a house are so miniscule, but at times they consume my thoughts and prayers.  To some extent, I've been begging the Lord to make this all work out and to do what's best for me.  Yet, it has taken me the last 3 months to understand that the Lord is doing what's best for me and that through these trials he is teaching me, guiding my walk, and showing His love for me.  

A couple of nights ago at house church, I was reminded of a verse that Caleb is always sharing with me.  In James 1:5 it says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance."  Three years ago when I was convinced we needed to move because we lived in a bad neighborhood, I would have never understood this testing.  I wouldn't have understood how it could be considered "pure joy".  But now, I consider myself blessed that my struggles, in my own mind, seem minor and trivial.  It has been a good process--without trying to buy a new house, I would have been robbed of time with Isaac and Alana before baby Isaiah comes, and so many other blessings that have come our way.  The Lord is good and knows what is best for us.

How blessed I am that I have the opportunity to buy a new house!  How blessed I am that I have family that will shelter my family in the cold!  Oh, how blessed I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment