Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Update from 2012 and early 2013

If possible, it's been even longer since my last post.  Once again, I've been inspired by some friends and family who blog and journal.  It is such a meaningful way to keep memories and update others.

We now have a 4-year old and a 2-year old!  We've come so far!!  Cailyn is 4 and just started preschool in January.  I was so worried that she would not like school and would be scared to go.  However, she loves it and is so eager for it; she asks most days of the week if its a school day.  She loves her teacher, Mrs. Coslett, and has learned letters, prayers, acts of kindness, and info on dinosaurs!  Cailyn can write her name and is incredibly smart, but is stubborn and sometimes refuses to do things she can.  She is also a terrible sleeper!!  She crawls in bed with mom and dad every night.  Cailyn also loves her brother, Evan!

It's hard to believe that he is now 2!  He is funny and makes us all laugh!  He is not potty-trained yet, because he hasn't shown much interest.  And he is just now starting to talk.  He repeats a lot of words, and can say a couple of 2-word phrases like "thank you" and "excuse me", but not much more than that.  He has also taken to calling himself Bubby.  We called him that when we were referring to him with Cailyn,but now he calls himself that and tells us he is not Evan! Pretty cute!

We've also had a couple job changes in the last year. Caleb no longer works at Numana but for a creative design company in Wichita.  He is the director of business operations.  He is also finishing up his masters at Friends University in Management and Global Leadership. I am now teaching at Andover Central High School.  It's just part time and I really like it.  I feel less stir crazy inside, but I do miss my babies when I'm gone.  I teach Freshman English, regular and honors.  We are also hoping to move soon!  We've been in El Dorado for almost 7 years , and we are excited for a change!

Glad I'm caught up finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment